Sunday, February 22, 2009

lost and found


I cleaned out my closet this weekend and found the horribly ugly yellow sweatshirt that Anthony thought he had lost and was bummed about- but that I was secretly glad was gone-but is now back and I'll have to give it to him because he'd see it in my face if I didn't. Here is a photo of the back of this sweatshirt-it's only saving grace is if I wear it while riding my bike there is no way anyone will hit me. Trust me, it's even brighter in person.

Now the only reason I could show you this sweater is because I also found a brand new camera while cleaning out my closet. I think this is a sign that you really needed to clean out your closet if you're finding brand new, unopened, totally useful things in there. I almost threw away the box, but it was heavy so I opened it and tada! new camera.

This is what I've pieced together. Three years ago I bought a new camera, I know it was three years because I bought it for Joe and N***a's wedding. One year later I broke the screen at Downieville. Here's where it gets murky. I THINK Anthony took the camera back to Best Buy and got me another one. At the same time I he also kept the old broken one, ordered a new screen and fixed it. Hence, two cameras. I believe the plan was he would keep one and I would keep one and we'd have two, but then his old roommate gave him his old one, Anthony kept that because it was old and good for taking on bike rides and I had two cameras, one for now and one for later.

Here is photo evidence to back up my theory: I found this photo on one of the cameras.

I almost feel guilty posting this pretty bad photo of Anthony, especially when he's always doing nice things like fixing my electronics, but c'mon it's funny. Here's another one take at Anthony's house. it must be right after he put the new screen in.

I also found these shots which I apparently took to test out the new camera. That's Ollie trying out the 'Wheelie Beast' my xmas present from Anthony two years ago. It's a rolling bag thing from rei that will fit a small child inside, or at least five Ollies....
Disgusting side note: I think that's Ollie puke on the floor in the background. I'm sure I cleaned it up right after this shot was taken....


Here's the even crazier part: I was fiddling around with my 'broken' camera and it turns out all it needed was a reformatting of the memory card. Now it works again. I have two cameras- again. This time I'll give one to Anthony.

3 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

You're so lucky -- all I'm finding as I clean out my closets is junk I can't believe I still have.

Sarah said...

oh, I found that too...

Anonymous said...

Funny. I never find cool stuff in my closet. Even my clothes make me think "yuck."