Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Minty

Have you guys ever been on Mint? It's a website that helps you keep track of all your money, what you have and what you don't have. I recommend it, but only if you can handle seeing EVERYTHING you spend your money on.

I won't even get started on how depressing it is that Mint calculates your net worth. The money you have minus everything you owe (including student loans) yeah, it's not cool.

But that's not really the most enlightening thing about it. It's the little things that are really amazing. The pie graphs- those are best part. so colorful. Also, the bar graphs. Those show you how your spending compares to others. So, let's get down to the good stuff-- what I spend money on. Wait, I'm looking for examples that won't make Anthony grind his teeth... hair? .. no.....pets?.... eh...

Ok, here you go: in the last six months I spent only $18 on fast food. ha! I am awesome. Fast food also makes me puke, so you know...

Ok, maybe this post wasn't such a good idea....

Just kidding, Anthony! I am super responsible with money. It just all seems like so much when you see it all gathered together. $89 bucks at Starbucks? Ok, that was for six months, but still. $100 on Netflix? totally worth it. So ok, I'm not so bad.

2 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

I love Mint, too, I just am so bad about actually logging in and keeping myself accountable (I say "I" and "myself" because I do 90+ percent of the spending in our household, as Bret often reminds me!)...

Ryan said...

It seems like a good idea to me. I just have this Internet phobia still, I guess.