Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shelly is totally showing me up

Have you guys been following Shelly's posts over at These are the Salad Years? She is totally showing me up. She is hi--larious, and prolific at blog writing and insightful and she tells you things that I'm not sure I'd put on the internet and -in short- she is a rocking blogger and I'm jealous. I haven't posted in forever. I get sick of the internet at work, and frankly I think twitter is taking over the brain space once reserved for useful pursuits.

I am also weak, because everyone time sit down to do a blog post Oliie gets upset because I'm not paying attention to him and I get up and give him attention and abandon my post. Shelly posts things and she has ACTUAL children. How does she do this? Ollie is meowing at the door right now and giving me kitten eyes. I am ignoring him.

Would it be a cop-out if I start making lists? It would be a lot faster. Here is a list of the new things in my life.

1. I hired a friend of mine who just actually happens to be a trainer to train me for my yosemite trip and bathing suit season, respectively. After my first session with her my pecs hurt so badly that it was painful to go bra-less.

2. Dena and I are hitting the gottschalks going out of business sale today before other people with common shoe sizes such as our own get all of the cute shoes.

3. My parents and little brother Chris will be in town sunday and monday. yes it is a weird time for a trip. Chris has a tennis tournament in SLO. While they're here I'm going to make them dinner at Anthony's house, get my dad's help buying a new pair of tennis shoes (hes' an expert) and give my mom the earrings i got her for her birthday from etsy.

4. Ollie is now waiting patiently outside my bedroom door. He does the same thing when I'm in the bathroom.

5. I can hear my phone ringing and it is Dena's ring. She's expecting me to be ready to go and I'm not. Better get dressed.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ollie :(

Actually, I breezed passed a blog post by some organizer time saver chick who suggested making lists as a way to organize and save time on your blog, but I can't remember where I saw it. Thanks for the props